The wind orchestra in Wolsztyn was founded in 1971 as a Boys’ Wind Orchestra which was connected with the grammar school nr 3 in Wolsztyn. From the beginning it gave concerts with successes all around the country. It gained awards and honorable mentions i.a. in Inowrocław and Nowa Sól. Within the orchestra’s members there are some people who remember the first rehearsals and performances of the ensemble.
The Wind Orchestra Ostrava was founded in 1945 as an orchestra of Vítkovice Training College. Jiří Grussman has been its conductor and art director since 1976. They alternate in conducting with Jaroslav Hrbáč. The Wind Orchestra Ostrava plays pieces of various genres and always tries to assimilate to character of event where it performs. There are concert pieces for large orchestras, film, operetta and musical melodies in its repertoire as well as jazz or swing music.
The Band was founded in April 1973 at the People-Owned Enterprise Factory of Semiconductors Frankfurt (Oder). Currently there are 120 musicians playing in the Band. There are 9 - 40 years old. Besides the traditional marching music the Orchestra impresses with its concert programs at the highest artistic level. The programs include classical and heraldic sounds of natural trumpets, as well as samba and own compositions. Band-master is Mr. Hans-Jörg Laurisch. As a former member of the District´s Music Corps it took part in almost every mass concert, playing with about 25 000 other musicians. The Orchestra made a lot of concert tours and gained a lot of success. International meetings, getting-to-know-each other and jointly making music was and is all the time most important for the Orchestra. The Band has contacts to a lot of other European orchestras. Several times it was host of festivals, workshops and other music events. The Orchestra sets itself newer and newer goals and takes up a lot of challenges.
The Koninklijk Jeugdmuziekkorps Onze-Lieve-Vrouwecollege Oostende (short: OLVO-Band) is an music association which is related with the Onze-Lieve-Vrouwecollege in Oostende. All musicians are or were pupils of this high school.
It came into beeing in 1958 on the initiative of the then management of the Chemical Company “Stilon”. Since 1992 the orchestra has been acting in the City Cultural Centre. The Town Hall in Gorzów Wlkp. patronizes the orchestra. For the last 16 years, Mr. Bolesław Malicki has been managing the group. He graduated the Academy of Music in Wrocław and is the former band-master of military orchestras. There are teachers, old boys and students from schools of music, and musicians of the former Garrison Orchestra, in the orchestra. The Band gives concerts for the society of Gorzów within the region and abroad. The Wind Orchestra Gorzów plays successfully transcriptions of serious, film, folk, march and world popular and jazz music. The other activity is the sacral music. The Band cooperates with the choir „Cantabile”, the dance club „Fan-Dance”, solists and singers. For the last 50 years the orchestra has given over 2500 concerts. It was often rewarded: Cultural Award of the town Gorzów Wlkp. and the Grand Prix of the 4th Internatiol Wind Orchestras’ Meeting Alte Kameraden 2010.