The orchestra came into being in November 1958 on the initiative of the then management of the Chemical Company “Stilon”. Since 1992 the orchestra acts in the City Cultural Centre. During this time Bolesław Malicki conducted the band. Since 2016 Wind Orchestra Gorzów is lead by Anna Wiśniewska. The Town Hall in Gorzów Wlkp. patronizes the orchestra.
There are teachers, old boys and students from schools of music, and musicians of the former Garrison Orchestra, in the orchestra. The band gives concerts for the society of Gorzów within the region and abroad. It took part in festivals, tournaments of wind orchestras in Grodzisk Wielkopolski four times gaining the “Złoty Róg” („Golden Horn”).