The orchestra came into being in November 1958 on the initiative of the then management of the Chemical Company “Stilon”. Since 1992 the orchestra acts in the City Cultural Centre. During this time Bolesław Malicki conducted the band. Since 2016 Wind Orchestra Gorzów is lead by Anna Wiśniewska. The Town Hall in Gorzów Wlkp. patronizes the orchestra.
There are teachers, old boys and students from schools of music, and musicians of the former Garrison Orchestra, in the orchestra. The band gives concerts for the society of Gorzów within the region and abroad. It took part in festivals, tournaments of wind orchestras in Grodzisk Wielkopolski four times gaining the “Złoty Róg” („Golden Horn”).
At the 4th International Meeting of Wind Orchestras Alte Kameraden in 2010 the orchestra became the winner of the Grand-Prix. The orchestra does not only play music typical for wind orchestras like marches, but also transcriptions of classical, film, folk, world popular and jazz music.
It successfully plays in concert halls as well as in sacred buildings, on location and during parades. The annually given Koncerty Karnawałowe (Carnival Concerts) are wery well considered. The band cooperates with solists, the choir „Cantabile”, the dance club „Fan-Dance” and the dancing group „Buziaki”. The latter cooperates with the orchestra since 2015 as its majorette group. In 2016 the orchestra presented its abilities in an interesting project together with the Polish reggae band Majestic.
For its activities and artistic achievements the orchestra has got the “Honory Badge of the town Gorzów Wielkopolski for outstanding achievements for the development of the town” and the Cultural Award of the town Gorzów Wielkopolski “Motyl” (Butterfly).
More about the orchestra: www.god.mckgorzow.pl