The Gorzowska Orkiestra Dęta came into being in November 1958 on the initiative of the then management of the Chemical Company “Stilon”. For 33 years it worked in the Factory's Culturehouse "Chemik", since 1992 the orchestra has been acting in the City Cultural Centre. The Town Hall in Gorzów Wlkp. patronizes the orchestra. For the last 16 years, Mr. Bolesław Malicki has been managing the group. He graduated the Academy of Music in Wrocław and is the former band-master of military orchestras. There are teachers, old boys and students from schools of music, and musicians of the former Garrison Orchestra, in the orchestra. The Band gives concerts for the society of Gorzów within the region and abroad. The Wind Orchestra Gorzów plays successfully transcriptions of serious, film, folk, march and world popular and jazz music. The other activity is the sacral music.
The orchestra came into being in 1936 on the initiative of the current autority of the factory Wilhelm Hugon Miller. After the restructuring in 1999 the orchestra stoped being a factory's orchestra and became an association working on its self-employed with the help of the city's cultural department in Kalisz. Currently the orchestra contains 35 active musicians, and their participation in the orchestra can be seen as a voluntary service. The band-master and conductor is Marek Kubera.