It came into beeing in 1958 on the initiative of the then management of the Chemical Company “Stilon”. Since 1992 the orchestra has been acting in the City Cultural Centre. The Town Hall in Gorzów Wlkp. patronizes the orchestra. For the last 16 years, Bolesław Malicki has been managing the group. He graduated the Academy of Music in Wrocław and is the former band-master of military orchestras. There are teachers, old boys and students from schools of music, and musicians of the former Garrison Orchestra, in the orchestra. The Band gives concerts for the society of Gorzów within the region and abroad. Gorzowska Orkiestra Dęta plays successfully transcriptions of classical, film, folk, march, world popular and jazz music as well as sacral music.
The Band cooperates with the choir „Cantabile”, the dance club „Fan-Dance”, solists and singers. For the last 50 years the orchestra has given over 2500 concerts. It was often rewarded: Cultural Award of the town Gorzów Wlkp. and the Grand Prix of the 4th Internatiol Wind Orchestras’ Meeting Alte Kameraden 2010.