It came into beeing in 1958 on the initiative of the then management of the Chemical Company “Stilon”. Since 1992 the orchestra has been acting in the City Cultural Centre. The Town Hall in Gorzów Wlkp. patronizes the orchestra. For the last 16 years, Mr. Bolesław Malicki has been managing the group. There are teachers, old boys and students from schools of music, and musicians of the former Garrison Orchestra, in the orchestra. The Wind Orchestra Gorzów plays successfully transcriptions of serious, film, folk, march and world popular and jazz music. The other activity is the sacral music. For the last 50 years the orchestra has given over 2500 concerts for the music lovers in Poland and abroad. It was often rewarded.