Orkiestra Dęta KWK "Murcki-Staszic" Ruch "Boże Dary"
The Orchestra came into being in 1907 at the mine of the current Katowice Coal Holding S.A. its present character is made by the alliance of two orchestras from the town Murcki and the town Kostuchna – which took place in 1977. Recently is has 65 band members. There are miners, retired persons, pupils of music schools, students and graduates from various music academies. Since the beginning the orchestra works in different fields to promote music and playing music. The band gives concerts in Poland and abroad to present the audience an unforgettable musical event. During its more than 100 years’ history it took part in a lot of Polish and international competitions. By doing so it won prizes and awarding. The orchestra got in contact with other music bands and organizes artistic exchanges with orchestras from Hungary, Italy, Finland and Germany. Since 1987 Szczepan Kurzeja is the conductor of the orchestra. more about the orchestra: www.orkiestra-murcki.pl