The Gorzowska Orkiestra Dęta came into being in November 1958 on the initiative of the then management of the Chemical Company “Stilon”. For 33 years it worked in the Factory's Culturehouse "Chemik", since 1992 the orchestra has been acting in the City Cultural Centre. The Town Hall in Gorzów Wlkp. patronizes the orchestra. For the last 16 years, Mr. Bolesław Malicki has been managing the group. He graduated the Academy of Music in Wrocław and is the former band-master of military orchestras. There are teachers, old boys and students from schools of music, and musicians of the former Garrison Orchestra, in the orchestra. The Band gives concerts for the society of Gorzów within the region and abroad. The Wind Orchestra Gorzów plays successfully transcriptions of serious, film, folk, march and world popular and jazz music. The other activity is the sacral music.
o "Golden Horn" in the Greatpolish Tournament of Wind Orchestras in the years 1982, 1995, 2000, 2003
o laureate of the Voivodeship's Review of Artistic Amateur Movement PARA - Gorzów Wlkp., 1998
o "Golden Butterflyl" Cultural Award of the town Gorzów Wlkp. - Gorzów Wlkp., 2000
During its 50 years of artistic work, the orchestra gave about 2500 koncerts in town, the region, other Polish regions and abroad.