The orchestra came into being in November 1958 on the initiative of the then management of the Chemical Company “Stilon”. Since 1992 the orchestra acts in the City Cultural Centre. During this time Bolesław Malicki conducted the band. Since 2016 Wind Orchestra Gorzów is lead by Anna Wiśniewska. The Town Hall in Gorzów Wlkp. patronizes the orchestra.
Our orchestra contains of people who love music, amateurs who practise a lone for hours and whose enthusiasm, willpower and sacrificed practise time over the last 70 years lead to this what the orchestra is today: a beautiful works. The orchestra was founded in 1946 by the at that time priest of our place Chludowo – Mr. Jan Chodzidło and the organist and band leader – Tadeusz Kubiak, who was in charge of the orchestra until 1980.
The orchestra was founded by Mr. Josef Pavlíček in 1960. At the beginning the orchestra played classical brass music – Czech as well as Moravian composers – and orchestral compositions. In the course of time, the repertoire was enriched to different variations of musical, film music and modern music pieces. Since 2008, Mr. Štěpán Husák is in charge of the orchestra.